NEWS UPDATE: 16TH NOVEMBER 2022
Thanks to Richard, Madeline, Dario, Michael, Mike, Rory, Rupert, Rooth, Martina, and EnoWeb's own newsbot Tom Boon in no particular order for these news items.
FOREVERANDEVERNOMORE is continuing to emphasise the first two thirds of its title, with an extended flurry of activity to support its release including an unusual number of interviews. A new video has just been released for the track "Garden of Stars", created by Brian and Nick Robertson. The latter explained: "The Garden of Stars video imagines the creation of stars as occurring in a garden where exotic new crossbreeds of flowers are created, and populate the heavens. Each one a unique variation on a universal blueprint." Brian described the song's viewpoint as: "Imagine a being huge enough to have our Universe as a plaything, and to watch in fascination as that Universe is born, flourishes and finally snuffs itself out... or alternately divides into a million parallel selves."
- "Garden of Stars" video
- Brian was interviewed on BBC Radio 4's Today programme (23:11 in, available until 20th November); BBC 6 Music's Iggy Pop interview is still available until 21st November
- Zane Lowe interviewed Brian for his Apple Music podcast: full audio and video extract; Zane also interviewed Fred Again.. who spoke a bit about Brian
- The Financial Times' Ludovic Hunter-Tilney took a walk with Brian (may be paywalled depending on how many articles you've already read)
- Brian enthused about Dolby Atmos
- Spencer Kornhaber interviewed Brian for The Atlantic
- David Marchese of The New York Times interviewed Brian, who mentioned his book for the first time in ages (may also be paywalled depending on articles already read)
- Brian appeared in The Observer's This Much I Know column
- Brian was quoted in this New York Times article about Fred Again.. (you know the paywalling drill by now)
- More reviews:
Under the Radar
Brian gave his talk at The Barbican, spoke at the 2022 Ashden Awards, and has a whole 20 minutes to present the 2022 Grantham Institute Annual Lecture on 23rd November. There's also a transcription of his chat at this year's Greenbelt Festival.
- Barbican – Far Out Magazine and Electronic Sound reviews
- 2022 Ashden Awards – about 58:30 in
- 2022 Grantham Institute Annual Lecture
- World Enough, And Time from Greenbelt
- Last year EnoWeb linked to Deirdre O'Donoghue's 1982 KCRW interview with Brian; you may also be interested in her conversations with Harold Budd in 1984 (he talked a bit about The Pearl) and Robert Fripp in 1988; plus a talk and performance by Daniel Lanois in 1989
- Another video of Trentino
- Brian is a contributor to another assemblage for The Cancer Awareness Trust's Evamore Project; an album will be released in 2023 featuring A Galaxy Of Stars including Slade's Noddy Holder, with some singles out this year including a Christmas song
- Brian posted a video to support the Julian Assange Human Chain